Sunday, May 6, 2012

We're baaaack............and we're working our tails off!

Ok, so it was a long month with no access to the computer but we're back! So, let's not waste any time...let's talk about our week! We did a lot of cool stuff this week. I had a great week at school. This month's theme is the ocean and I LOVE all things ocean. Mom and dad said that we might get to go to the beach this summer so Nixi and I are pumped! I got to finger paint HUGE waves and makes some sand starfish. It was awesome. This is my last month as a preschooler. I'm not so sure how I feel about that..I've really loved my classroom and all of my friends for the past two years. I guess I have all summer to get used to the idea. Luckily, we're doing summer school again so I'll still get to hang out with friends and keep on a good schedule. Fun times are ahead! Nixi went to big girl school again on Friday and she did a really great job. She adores her speech therapist who wears bright red lipstick and has a high pitched voice. She thinks she's the best. Towards the end of class she was wanting mom and me and started to get a little upset. By the time mom and I arrived she was excited to see us and ready to go home. When she got home she laid on the couch under a big blanket and just spaced out. Its good that she knows how to calm herself and this school is a lot less overstimulating and structured so she comes home with a lower level overstimulation. We're all happy about that. So, we got jobs this week! See, I want to buy more ponies and mom said if I want more ponies I have to have money. So, I asked her for a job. She came up with a cool chore chart for Nixi and I. We have a few chores we have to do everyday like making our beds, wiping down our tables, and feeding/watering the guinea pigs. Then, we get to pick one "special job" each day in addition to the regular ones. We can vaccuum, sweep, wash windows, wash dishes, feed the dog, or feed the cats. My favorites are vacuuming and feeding the dog. Nixi's favorites are vacuuming and cleaning the dishes. Its hard work but each time we complete a chore and we turn the chore picture upside down to show we're done we feel really good about ourselves. We get paid on Sundays, and today was our first pay day! We each got $5. Nixi bought a pony with light up wings and I opted to save up my money so next week I buy a bigger pony. It was really hard not to get something at the store. Nixi had a hard time with it, too, because she's uncomfrtable with us doing things differently from each other. So, even though she really wanted that pony it was hard for her to make up her mind when she realized taht I wasnt going to be buying one. She really struggled, screaming and confused. I can't stand it when she screams so I started screaming louder. It was kind of horrible but we got it together long enough to make it out of the store. When we got home mom let me pick a little goodie from her goodie bag to mark a week of good work and to hold me over until next week when I can buy the pony I've been drooling over. Dad brought home a surprise activity for us to do with him. We got to be farmers! I got to plant peas and Nix got to plant fantasy pumpkins! Dad planted tomatoes. It was awesome. We put the dirt in the containers, poked holes for the seeds withour fingers, planted the seeds, and watered the whole ball of wax. It was really cool. Can't wait to see our plants grow! So, that was our week. I ended up at the walk in clinic in Saturday with another sinus infection and ear infection. Mom has my IEP on Friday, where it looks like she's going to have to fight to get me to be able to stay at the same school I've been at for the past two years...they waitlisted us. Should be an interesting week. Make sure to check back to see how it all goes! xoxo Safi

No comments:

Post a Comment