Sunday, May 20, 2012

An interesting week...I swallowed a plastic Strawberry Shortcake shirt, we went to the sand park and I actually ENJOYED watching the bugs and played in the middle of them, Nixi had a great day at big girl school, we went to dinner at the China Buffet, and we had fun at the fountains over the weekend! Also, I got to hold some baby chicks at school and it was amazing...and I bought Squinkies with my allowance and Nixi bought a remote controlled dog she named Kayla! Tonight was a rough night for me, so this post is going to brief. Every night before bed Nixi and I each get to pick a TV show to watch. As you know, we're on a big My Little Pony kick. We can only watch Ponies through Netflix connected to the TV off of mom's phone and the internet wasn't working. No Netflix, no Ponies...no bueno. Yeah, I love the show and all but what I love..no NEED..is the predictability of the routine that is picking a Pony show before bed. So, I had a meltdown. See, mom and dad gave me about 5 minutes of screaming, going into the bedroom, and coming out again screaming before they just had to move on and let Nixi pick her show. Usually I pick first at night, but me being upset can't throw off the whole house or I'd be more upset and Nixi would be, too. So, Nixi picked The Wiggles. I couldn't take it......... I know I'm saying it hurts my ears, so it looks like mom and dad are torturing me. In reality, mom has taught Nixi and I to say "It hurts my ears" when each other is screaming instead of starting to scream ourselves. I have generalized it to any situation in which I do not like what is being said. Mom, dad, Heather, or a teacher can say something to me taht I don't like such as "no", and I reply with "ouch, that hurts my ears." So, that phrase for me has become a means of expressing my dislike for something...generally a rule or boundary. Anyhow, my ears were just fine...my "center" was not. Eventually I got it together and watched the end of The Wiggles. Low and behold, by the time Nixi's show as done the internet was working fine and I got to pick a Pony show. Still, rough half hour or so for everyone. Even though I'm happy that I got to watch Ponies, I never feel good about myself after a meltdown. No matter how much mom, dad, and Nixi love me...its hard for them to feel amazing after my meltdown, too. Everyone is just a little cautious and a little on edge around me and taht makes me sad. I get it though, so I try my best to say I'm sorry either directly or through my actions. By the morning all will be back to normal so I'm not too worried about it..just drained. So, I'm going off...more to report next week I'm sure. Oh, and I passed the Strawberry Shortcake shirt this afternoon in case you were wondering! xoxo Safi Some video from Friday...check out the intense imaginary play going on before Nixi went to school! Looks like it primed her for socializing because she interacted with her peers for the first time without prompting and she modeled her play after this play on the video. Her new buddy Carter loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment