Sunday, February 3, 2013


 Mom got crafty this weekend and made us new hooded towels and tons of foam bath toys!





Poor Safi just can't catch a break!  She went to on Wednesday for the 100th day celebration and had a really great time!  Unfortunately, she woke up that night at midnight coughing and throwing up and did so for every hour thereafter.  With a temp of 102, mom took her into the doctor's.  I hitched a ride with them because I got a massive stye in my eye that looked horrible.  The doctor said that Safi has RSV, a respiratory virus, and gave her a nebulizer to do daily breathing treatments.  I got some goo for my eye and we called it a day.  The rest of the week has been a wash for us as we try to get better.  Now it looks like I may be coming down with RSV.

I had a good week.  I got a new classmate, a girl.  She's nice but she cries and screams a lot.  I'm still struggling with symptoms.  Mom says its the whole waxing and waning business.  All I know is that I think my symptoms are getting less prominent, either that or I'm just getting more used to them.  I sill hallucinate daily but its not all day long.  On the days that I don't hallucinate the vague paranoia that often gets directed at family friends, and fear of something I can't put words to always seems to linger in the background.  (Note from mom:  This is quite typical, even with folks who are medicated.  While the frank, in your face positive symptoms such as hallucinations may come and go, the thought disorder portion of psychosis seems to always be present to one degree or another.)  You know what, though?  This is me.  I'm learning to live with me and so is everyone else.  I've been telling mom lately, "That's just who I am."  When I act goofy or do something that she doesn't understand that's what I say.  Its the truth, and its ok.  Its not always fun to be me, but nobody has fun all the time.  Nobody can be comfortable in their skin and in their head all of the time.  So, I've decided that I'm cool with that and whatever it brings.  Pretty deep for a kid just under 4, eh?  ;)

In super duper, terribly exciting, I could burst into a song or a rainbow news....mom's bestie, Emily (Logan, Zoey, and Josh's mom), had her baby!!!!  Her name is Addison Grace and I think she's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!  Safi thinks she's pretty terrific, too.  We've only seen pictures but were trying our best to get better so we can see her in person as soon as possible.  I'm going to love her, that's what I keep telling mom.  I think mom already does!  So, congratulations Yenigues family!!!


Wishing Grandpa Seifert a very happy birthday this Tuesday.  Word on the street is that he and Aunt Becky may be coming out for a visit in March...finger, toes, and eyes crossed!  Have a great week, stay healthy everyone and check back in next week to see if I escaped RSV!!

Peace
Nixi

Safi making up a really cool story with the foam pieces.....such creativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment