Sunday, January 27, 2013










So, the great news is that I'm feeling much better and Nixi hasn't gotten sick thus far!  The bad news is that mom started feeling really horrible and by Friday she had to go to the doctor.  She thought she was catching whatever I had but turns out she had a kidney infection and an ear infection.  Thank goodness she went in and didn't keep waiting it out thinking it was a different stomach flu.  Nixi bought mom rainbow flowers to help her get better...they're really cool!  We're all on our way to being 100% again and we're looking forward to a healthy week!

I finally went back to school on Wednesday.  It was great to be back but draining after being so sick.  Also, the class is getting ready for our 100th day of school on the 30th.  Parties are always exciting, and nerve wrecking, for me.  We each have to do a display of 100 somethings and present it to the class.  I'm terrified of doing this. I decided to make a picture of a monkey with 100 fruit loops and was super pumped...until I remembered presenting it to the class.  That made me cry.  Mom says we'll practice doing it on Tuesday, with her, Heather, and Nixi pretending to be my class.  I'm still really scared and its kind of killing my 100th day joy.  Hopefully when it comes I'll just get it over with and be able to enjoy the day's activities.

Nixi had a great week.  Nobody wanted to jinx it but she nearly a full seven days without and hallucinations. Not even at night!   She continued to hold some strange beliefs and had some fleeting paranoia but for the most part she was back to being her old, odd self without the extras.  Unfortunately, that ended on the seventh day with hallucinations of monsters in the foyer.  She's been off and on hallucinating since mid week last week.  Still, its better than before because there is at lease some breaks in her symptoms throughout the day.  The scary part for mom and dad is that she seems to be hiding her symptoms more and more, sometimes lying that they are not there when they are really evidently there.  Mom and dad need her to talk about them and keep them in the loop so they can help her.  It seems like if mom reminds her that if she doesn't talk to her she can't help her, Nix usually spills the beans.  Hopefully it stays that way.

Mom got Nixi's blood results back and everything was normal so not sure if there are any more medical issues that can be looked in to as the cause of the psychosis.  Mom will email the psychiatrist on Monday and see what he has to say.

We had a pretty low key weekend with mom trying to get well and me being tired from the last half of the school week.  Dad bought a HUGE 60" Wifi TV so we had a blast figuring that out on Saturday.  But on Sunday it was the park day extravaganza!!  We met Josh, Logan, and Zoey and Sophia from my class and it was awesome.  I continue to struggle with talking to friends so unfortunately I rarely really get to play with my friends on play dates.  I get nervous or I don't know what to say or what the rules of a game are so I generally just hang out on my own and watch.  I swung on the swings and tried to get involved a few times but it never really seems to click.  Logan helped Nixi climb up the big climbing rock and she stood on it like a billy goat for nearly the whole time we were there.  Even with her staying up there she still gets to play with kids because she just talks, and talks, and talks...even if they're not listening!  I'm really jealous of her sometimes and it makes me sad and angry at her all the same time.  I didn't yell or create a fuss, I just swung.  After the park Josh, and Logan, and Zoey had to head home but Sophia and her mom went to McDonald's with me.  That's where I shine.  In a kind of quiet place with only a few kids and none of the running or screaming and loud playing that often scares me with its unpredictability and chaotic whir.  Nixi, of course, was nearing her expiration date and Ms. Life of the Party was having a hard time winding down so she let out a few ear shattering screams of death at the table when we first got there.  Luckily she got it together and we didn't have to leave.  Lunch was fun and I was able to get in a little more face time with Sophia.  Still, it was a struggle for me to talk to her.  I hate this stupid autism business...it really stifles the me that I am inside and makes it so hard for me to show how cool and fun I am.

So, there it is.  We march on and look forward to a new week.  Hope this post finds you all healthy and well.

xoxo
Safi

No comments:

Post a Comment