Sunday, March 3, 2013








We had a warm, fun week this week.  The weather has been perfect for lots of extended park days and playing outside.

Safi had a great week at school.  Her class celebrated Dr. Seuss and they're getting ready for a book fair at school this week.  Mom says she'll take us both and we can buy a few new books!  

I had a good couple of days at school.  I'm working with a new OT because my regular one is out with her new baby.  My new OT is nice and pretty fun, so I'm ok with that.  I've been doing this strange sort of half closing my eyes things this week.  I'm doing it a lot.  Mom asked me if I was having trouble seeing or if I had a headache or eye pain, and I said no.  Its not really squinting, its just half closing my eyes.  When mom asks me why I'm doing it I say, "I don't know", in a whiny, upset voice.  (Note from mom:  I tried doing this, myself, to see what it looks like and it makes everything fuzzy and less focused.  I posted this in my online parent support group of families with kids with psychosis.  I got a response from a woman who's daughter, Annabelle, is very similar to Nixi in many way...though Annabelle is a teenager now.  She said that Annabelle used to do this frequently before she was on meds to try to obscure or block out visual hallucinations.  So, we are assuming that this is the likely reason.  We will give her the Tumbling E eye exam at home and book her an appointment with the eye doc if she struggles with it...but it doesn't feel like a typical vision problem.  It looks like a way of coping with her symptoms.) 

We got to help our friend Logan celebrate his seventh birthday on Saturday!  It was really fun.  We picked out our gifts for him on our own and were sooo excited to see him open it.  The theme of his party was dinosaurs and a neighbor a few houses down brought his pet bearded dragon for us to pet!  It was so cool.  Safi really liked bouncing on their trampoline, it was her favorite part.  But later that night she told mom that the three boys (none of which were Logan) that were in there with her were hurting her.  They were throwing big balls at her and then wrestling them away from her when she grabbed the balls.  Sadly, she was enjoying herself so much with the jumping up and down...a self regulating activity we both use...that she didn't tell mom what was going on at the time because she was afraid mom would ask her to get off.  Mom felt really bad.  The trampoline was on the side of the house so, despite checking in on her, mom wasn't there the whole time to see what was happening.  Nonetheless, the trampoline and seeing Logan open her present were Safi's favorite part.  I liked digging for dinosaurs in a sandbox of beans and eating ice cream!

So, we had a good week.  We're decorating for Easter and spring and getting ready for some possible rain this week.  We sound awfully boring this week...that's a GREAT thing!  :)

Peace
Nixi

Check out the singing Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment