Sunday, March 10, 2013

Good grief!  First Safi has early release all week and my naps got screwed up, now we lose an hour of sleep?!?!  What the heck???  I'll start the blog by saying that the loss of sleep all week did not agree with me.  By last night I was struggling to fall asleep, afraid to close my eyes, and crying because I was seeing things.  This morning when it was time to comb my hair, and it was tangled as it is every morning, I just lost it.

Now, every morning is a struggle for me and Safi when it comes to combing our hair.  Safi hates the way the comb feels if it drags against her scalp and I just hate it all.  We both scream at mom EVERY morning, I hit as well.  This morning I was tired, and while my mood had been light and silly initially that all changed when mom started to comb my hair.  It ended in this.....


Safi was upset because I was screaming and because we weren't going to get to do our bounce house clubhouse because we had both been out of control and kind of mean.  She ended up pulling it together after 20 minutes or so and got to go outside to play...where she continued to weep and say that she missed me.  I continued my rampage for about an hour.  At one point mom had to lock me in the bedroom to calm down on my own because my screaming literally caused her ears to ache.  I then proceeded to kick the door with my feet and bang my knees so hard on it that it bowed and my knees are all black and blue.  Mom stayed calm and eventually I calmed down enough to go outside.  Once outside I continued to scream and cry until I got distracted by an ant hill and instantly flipped into happy Nix.  Safi told me she missed me and we played together while mom and dad regrouped.  Later we took baths and mom cut my hair.....

We played dress up with daddy and Winston and had a really good evening.

The week was rushed but ok.  We got to go to Safi's school Book Fair and that was awesome.  I bought a Jasmine princess book and Safi got some Barbie books.  We went to our favorite Mexican restaurant with Emily, Logan, Zoey, Josh, and Addison mid week and it was awesome!  We got to go to Burger King on Friday after school to play in the play structure with Logan, Zoey, Josh, and Sophia from Safi's school.  And on Saturday we got to meet up with Emily, Addison, and Josh at Del Taco for dinner and to play in the play structure.  So we had a pretty fun week with lots going on.

We've decided to throw a joint birthday party this year at the park.  Mom and dad are going to put on a carnival for us and our friends!  There's going to a lady that does balloon animals and bubbles, popcorn, games, prizes....we are beyond excited!!!!  So, the next weeks will be spent focusing on getting ready for that, for the JBF spring consignment sale, and for our upcoming visit from Grandpa Seifert and Aunt Becky! We have some really great things to come.  I'm sure there will be bumps along the way...but its always worth it when it end well!

Have a great week!

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment