Sunday, March 24, 2013





At the park we all worked together to make an ant playground!
Then Nixi found a ladybug and mom put it in our creation and we got to watch
it crawl up and down on the sticks and things!


My new snazzy bed from the consignment sale!






We had a pretty eventful week with school egg hunts, new stuff from the JBF consignment sale, we handed out our birthday invitations, and dad even got off work early twice and met us at the park!

Safi had a great week at school.  She got her third 100% on her spelling test even though it was a rough road studying for it.  This week it was 9 words instead of 4 and she got three wrong when she practiced with mom.  That upset her greatly and she struggled to come back from it for a good half hour.  But she practiced writing the words and come test day she aced it!  She had a great Easter egg hunt with all of the kindergarten classes.  Dad stayed home from work that day and was able to go early and be a parent helper hiding the eggs for the kids.  Safi had a blast and it was a wonderful day!

I've been having a funky week since Tuesday.  See, I don't like different and there's just a lot of "different going on.  I had my field trip last week, Safi had two early release days this week, there was my egg hunt at school and a substitute teacher, Grandpa and Aunt Becky are coming, Easter, all our birthdays, and the party.  Its just a lot of different.  So, I keep telling mom that I don't like different...even the small things like dad doing something different from mom.  Right now, even the little things are sending me into a tailspin.  Mom and I talk about different and that some things that are different are wonderful, like grandpa and Aunt Becky coming, but at the end of the day my head just tells me different is different and that's scary.  So, I've had a little paranoia at the park and I'm seeing some scary thing, too.  I'm quick to rage and quick to weep. Luckily, I've been able to snap out of it here and there so I'm not all the way down the rabbit hole....

Twilight is doing really good and we love her so much.  I learned how to walk her all on my own on Monday and she walked right beside me.  Winston, our other dog, is enjoying her company and the cats are pretty sure that they could eat her if they wanted so they're good.  Its kinda like she's always been here.

So, wish me luck for this week and make sure to check back to see pictures from the visit and to see ho wit went!

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment