Sunday, June 3, 2012


















Memorial Day was awesome.  We had BBQ, played in the pool forever, and ate watermelon until we were about to burst!

Dad was home all week on vacation and it was awesome having him here...so much so that we're a little bummed that he has to go back to work this week.

We had water day at school and mom, dad, and Nixi came.  It was really fun playing with squirt bottles, looking for shells, blowing and chasing bubbles, and washing stuff with sponges.  Nixi squirted dad with her squirt bottle and she thought that was pretty darn funny.  I really liked chasing bubbles as Kameron sent them floating over the playground.  It was really fun.

I also had my last day of preschool, ever.  Mom took Nixi and I to buy flowers for Teacher Mel and Teacher Joanne.  We picked them out ourselves, daisies...and we were so proud to give them to them.  It was a fun day because we didn't do anything special, we just did what we are supposed to do in school just like any other day.  When mom, dad, and Nixi came to pick me up I was fine until I started walking down the hall towards the parking lot.  I ran back in to the room and start really crying.  We had been talking about what the end of school meant, i.e. no more preschool, me and my friends would be going to different schools/classes, etc.  So, when the time came I understood the finality of it and it just made me really sad.  I've been in school with my same group of friends for two years.  I love my friends, and they love me.  I still don't know where I'm going next year but I do know I wont be in class with anyone from preschool and that's going to be rough.  Not only am I used to those kids, but I really like them.  I know all of their quirks and they know mine.  We all know how to bring the best out in each other, and we often do.  I'm feeling a little bit better about things today, but its still really sad.

Luckily, we had Dreamnight at the Zoo the next day, and everyone knows that the zoo makes all things right in the world!  We were so excited.  Mom told us we were going on Wednesday night.  Nixi could hardly stand waiting until Friday, asking if we could go to the zoo then crying when mom reminded her it wasn't Friday.  By the time Friday rolled around we soooo ready.  We headed out there after a good nap, hit a McDonald's en route, and were there by 5:15pm.  When we arrived it was 104 degrees outside, but we didn't care...we were at the ZOO!  We saw the wolves first then my favorite, the reptile house.  There were tons of volunteers there doing behind the scenes tours and we got to pet a tiny tortoise!  We saw the elephants, two orangutan moms with their babies, seals, lemurs, a tiger, and tons more.  We got to pet stingrays, although Nixi wasn't long enough to touch one.  That didn't stop two stingrays from sandwiching together and flapping out of the water to splash her in the face, they really didn't want her to feel left out!  I got to pet a horseshoe crab, Nixi got to stim on the sand in their boat home.  The best of all...we fed giraffes!!!  They were huge, their tongues were long and purple, and they smelled funny, but boy was it COOL!!!  We also got to hang with some goats and various livestock in the petting zoo...only serving to bolster the idea that one day we MUST own goats!  We stayed until 7:45PM with not a single meltdown between the 4 of us!  It was truly a dream night.  Just the best ever.

So, we've spent the weekend coming off of the high of the zoo and the low of school ending and we're prepping for the week ahead with dad at work and us left to our own devices.  Summer school will start the following week, and we're super pumped about that.  We have a potentially great summer ahead.

And that's all I got to say about that!!

xoxo
Safi

The zoo!




No comments:

Post a Comment