Sunday, June 24, 2012







It was an interesting week.  Nixi struggled a lot on the heels of the visit from Nana and the movie outing.  She's just been really sad.  When Nixi's sad...Nixi's mean.  She doesn't mean to be, but she is.  She says "no" to everything, stares at people with this really mean face, and uses her mean voice.  It upsets me a lot and usually when I can't take it anymore and snap...I'm the one who gets in to trouble.  Mom and dad know its Nixi who starts my downward spiral, but other than her getting in trouble for the above mentioned behaviors...it wouldn't be fair for her to get in trouble for being sad.  So, mom and dad are working on reminding her to tell them that she's feeling sad.  When she does that she gets lots of hugs.  Hopefully Nix will catch on and eventually just go to mom and dad for hugs in the first place.

Summer school is going great.  I'm trying not to let Nixi's moods affect me and I'm doing a pretty good job at it.  I can't ignore it all the time, but I'm doing much better.  Seems I need to do some work in the initiating play department.  See, I really like playing with my friend Logan.  So, whenever he's playing with something I take it away and laugh like its a game of keep away....or put my hand in front of what he's playing with.  Mom reminds me that I need to tell Logan I would like to play with him and when she does I do my best.  He was playing with a ball and I took it and started throwing it in the air...because I've got parallel play down pat!  Mom reminded me and I asked him if her wanted to play catch, what I was really wanting to play all along, and he said yes and it was awesome!  So, I've got a lot of work ahead of me but I'm determined to get this down pat by the end of summer.  Other than that, we're all just having a lot of fun!  We used the sheet we painted last week like a parachute and we made "waves" for Nemo to surf on while listening to "Wipe Out!" and "Catch a Wave."  It was super fun.

Had a mellow weekend visiting the pet store and doing our bounce house clubhouse.  The weather has been in the mid to high 80's so it's been really nice.  Looking forward to a nice week.  Hopefully Nixi starts feeling better.  We'll see....

xoxo
Safi


Afternoon concert....


No comments:

Post a Comment