Sunday, July 31, 2011

A rose by any other name..............











*Safi; Arabic/Hindi/Swahili in origin, meaning "lion's share, pure friend"...abbreviation of the word Safia, which holds the same meanings.
*Saf; Bright Futures in origin, meaning...diddly-squat!!
My name is Safia Dot Seifert. For the past 2 years everyone has been calling me "Saf", ever since my Bright Futures BIA nicknamed me that. Now, mom knows I can read and its always confused her that when she asks me about my name written as "Saf" I always say "Safi". FINALLY, mom had a light bulb moment and asked me what was my favorite..."Saf" or "Safi". I told her Safi. Then she asked me if she should say "Saf" or "Safi" when she talks to me...I said, "Safi, please." So there you have it! I prefer to be called Safi, thank you very much! Feels so good to be understood!

That was the cherry on top of a great week! Summer school was awesome! Our friend Kameron's mom ran the activities and we made a jolly roger flag and had a treasure hunt on Wednesday. It was Kameron's birthday and at the end of the treasure hunt there were cupcakes! SOOOOO cool! Both Nix and I did great both days and it was just a ton of fun!

Thursday we were both feeling a little wonky. Heather, our BIA, came over and we were touch and go. We recouped Friday and had a fun time playing on the patio and just hanging out. This weekend was super exciting. We got our own beds!!! Mine is Toy Story themed, and when I saw it I said "I love my bed, mom, thanks for helping me get a Toy Story bed!" Kit and Bodhi were checking out the new diggs and I was cuddling with them, saying "I love cats" and it dawned on me that the cat I wanted to share my new big kid bed with the most wasn't here. So, I asked mom "picture of Oliver?" and she gave me one so I could show him my bed, too. It was cool. Nixi got a Dora bed and she thinks its pretty darn cool! Tonight (Sunday) will be our first nights in them, so hoping it goes well. I already took a nap in mine and it was the best sleep I've ever had! :) Nix isn't sold on the whole idea, but I think she'll get used to it.

All in all, a super GREAT week. Nix still struggles with finding her groove but like she said last week, we're all sort of used to it so its the new norm and we're just moving ahead. This weekend we get to help our friend Gideon celebrate his birthday! Should be a great party, can't wait! It gonna be an awesome week! Check back in next week to see if we pulled off another great week with minimal hitches!

xoxo
SAFI

One fish, two fish.....check out Nixi's super rockin upside down sunglasses!


Swinging and tickling....so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment