Sunday, August 7, 2011







What an exciting week! We're getting used to sleeping in our beds...ok, I'm getting used to it, Safi loved her bed from moment one. I've had a few night with screaming and carrying on, but on the whole I've been somewhat sleeping through the night. I really like my bed because its small and I'm able to wedge my head and my legs in such a way that I have constant pressure on them. Its when I shift and this pressure is gone that I wake up. Much easier in this little bed to get in a good position and stay there. Mom's pretty pleased that's she's getting more rest, so its pretty cool.

Summer school was awesome. We read a cool book where we got to act out lots of animals and we teamed up with a friend to do cool stuff with balls. My favorite was sitting and bouncing on the ball, with hugging the ball a close second. Safi really like throwing it and bouncing it. We only have 2 more days of summer school left. What a bummer! Its been such a great summer.

Ok, now the most fun thing we did this week was going to our friend Gideon's birthday party. It was so awesome! They had a pool full of dried corn, a sand box, a swing set, pizza, cupcakes, and goody bags! I LOVED the corn...as you can see from the picture above, I had a blast with the birthday boy! Gideon's big brother, Sebastian, was a perfect host...passing out cupcakes and giving us a great "good bye" when we had to leave. I even got to play with their little sister, Penelope, in the corn pool! Just the most fun day ever. I was a little overwhelmed by the awesomeness and I lost my words a bit, so I screamed and grunted instead of asking for what I needed...but no major meltdowns! Safi did great, didn't seem too overwhelmed, even eating some pizza and finding familiar toys to help herself regulate when she started feel a like out of sorts. Our BIA, Heather, even got to go with us! It's just so neat to have good friends!

To cap off a great week, today we went to a park down the street that we haven't been to in at least a year! It's a sand playground...and you know how we feel about sand! I was having a hard time sharing so I got in a little trouble and Safi started to get a little anxious about motor imitating a boy there and we ended up wrapping things up a bit early. Overall, though, we had a great time and Safi and I are already asking mom to take us back tomorrow!

There's our week in a nutshell. This week should be interesting, with ending summer school and all. The week after this week Safi starts her new school schedule...3hr/4days a week and I start all of my crazy stuff again. Make sure to check back to see how we're transitioning!

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment