Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Hop, skip, and a Goat..what a week!





Ok, so we've had a heck of a week. Saf is still cycling...pretty typical for kiddos on the spectrum. She cycles, or has a rough patch, about every 3-4months. The last one was in April, so she's pretty much due for it. To complicate things, she's getting a cold. Whenever she's sick and her immune system is compromised she tends to really struggle. Her sensory issues become more acute and her obsessive stuff amps up. She's slowly coming out of it, but mom's afraid the cold will put her right back where she was a week ago. My poor big sis!

We got to go to the therapy center for my Early Intervention, and that was really cool. We love Teacher Lorene and had a great time playing with all of the equipment.

Saf had speech and OT at her new school, but we only made it one session. The other session was missed because Saf didn't want to go, and she was really dysregulated. That's ok, though, because when we went on Friday it was AMAZING! I got to walk around with mom and say "hi" to all of the birds in the aviary...again, and again, and again! Saf met a little girl from one of the ""typical classes" and they totally hit it off. They played on the seesaw, chased after each other, and really had a fun time. Saf loved it, and she was so happy. It was super cool.

Also very exciting, Saf jumped for the very first time ever with both feet off the floor! She did it first with mom, and now she can do it all by herself. She's been working on that for over a year! She's soooooo cool!!!! I try, but I have a ways to go. That's ok, I know she'll help me figure it out.

Dad set up our big play structure in our enclosed patio and we got to hang out in our own little park! He also set up our bouncer so we can bounce, roll, and just have a blast in the living room.

Today we got to go to Bravo Farms and see the animals. That's the place Saf went to for her 3rd birthday. Now, I've slowly been getting comfortable with the animals. At first, I'd shake and scream when I saw them. The next time we went, it was a little better. Today, I am SUPER proud to report, not only did I not shake or scream...I pet the very animal that terrified me the most...the goat! It has huge horns, weird yellow eyes, and crazy hair....but I pet it on top of its head while Saf fed it. I RULE!!! It was just a great ending to a week full of ups and downs. Definitely titled to the scales to more up than down!

Big week ahead full of activities. Saf has her first day of school on Tuesday, I have my well baby visit on Wednesday (I have to get shots!), and mom meets with the nutritionist from Regional center...on top of all of our regular stuff. Busy and full of exciting opportunities. Make sure to check back next week to see how it all went! We'll also have some new video for you, promise!

Last, we'd like to send our friends Jonna and Pablo the most magical and wonderful wishes for an amazing wedding and a life filled with nothing but love, laughter, and ice cream...and maybe a pony! Hey, we're kids, give us a break! And, if you get the pony, can we come over and play with it? Anyways, Happy Wedding Day!!

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment