Sunday, November 18, 2012






Exciting week for the Seifert crew.  My permanent teacher came back from maternity leave, Nana came for a visit, I had my preschool Thanksgiving Feast, and Safi performed in her kindergarten Thanksgiving program.

The transition from my long term sub, Teacher Jenica, back to Teacher Stephanie went pretty good.  I was anxious but I kept it together and was glad that the aid Teacher Neaomi was still there.  Nana and mom came to my class on Thursday and hung out with me during our Thanksgiving Feast and it was so cool.  I ate three slices of turkey!  It was really fun to show Nana all of the cool things on our playground and she even dug in the sandbox with me to get pretend water.  We had a really fun time and I think I'll do just fine with Teacher Stephanie once I get used to her.

Safi had an AMAZING performance.  She remembered every line and every routine and I clapped my little guts out for her...until I realized that it was more than one song and wanted to leave.  Mom and dad were so proud to see her up there smiling and waving to us all.  It was a really great moment.  When it was all over and Safi was leaving the cafeteria she yelled, "bye Nixi!"  Made me feel really special.  She's not just my big sister, she's kind of my everything.

Nana took us out to dinner at the Olive Garden and it was super fun.  I asked to sit next to Nana and we just had a blast.  As mom and dad had feared, the stress/excitement of the week's happenings along with Nana's visit did cause an increase in some of my scary symptoms.  I had a few rough nights of hallucinating and it was really scary.  So, now dad lays with me until I fall asleep and mom gives me 2 melatonin/chamomile tablets, benadryl, and gripe water.  I'm struggling to sleep through the night, often waking at about 2am and not being able to fall asleep.  I just stare at scary things and wait for daylight and mom and dad and sister to wake up.  Its really no way to live so November 30th can't come soon enough.  I'm hanging in there...we all are.

Safi struggled on the heels of the excitement of the week, having massive meltdowns on Saturday and Sunday.  Hopefully we can regroup and get it back together because this week is Thanksgiving break!

Overall, it was a really great week.  This week will be a little rough because no matter how much structure mom provides,k it wont be our normal school week routine.  Mom's got lots of activities and crafts planned for us to do and hopefully we'll get to spend some time with Emily, Logan, Zoey, and Josh....perhaps we'll hit up the Shooks, too....Julie?

So, enjoy the video of Safi's school program and have a very gobble-iscious Turkey Day!!

Gobble, Gobble!
Nixi

Safi's program...she's in the back row...look from the right starting with the Indians, then pilgrim boys and she is the second pilgrim girls after the boys.  Safi is wearing bright pink jammies and her white pilgrim hat...because it was pajama dress up day.  (You may have to copy and paste the below address as it doesn't seem like Youtube is embedding.)
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/796hyaSrVhk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

No comments:

Post a Comment