Sunday, October 21, 2012







We had a pretty good week.  Safi got a clean bill of health from the doctor and her bottom is feeling much better.  She had a dental hygiene exam at school and lots of other routine changes but she did great.  She's really got this school thing down!

I got to go on a field trip to the pumpkin patch and it was really cool.  I picked a huge green pumpkin and I had a blast playing in the huge boxes of corn.  I'm still struggling to find places where I feel safe and comfortable and I've been having some difficulties at school with hearing noises that nobody else hears.  My teachers are really good about helping me feel safe but its hard when I'm having a hard time knowing what's real and what's not.  I'm getting more and more anxious at home, too.  Mom is teaching me ways to keep my mind off of the things that scare me like noises, voices, and the stuff I see.  She sings to me and taught me how to hum.  It works pretty good, but it doesn't make them go away.  Its hard to be me.  I just want to feel ok and that's getting harder and harder and I know its hard on every around me, too.

Mom got my neurologist appointment moved up to this Friday, the 26th.  Safi doesn't have school so she'll get to hang out with dad while mom and I head up to Children's Hospital.  Hopefully they'll be able to tell us something so we can start figuring out what to do to make me feel better.

We went to our friend Jewel's birthday party this weekend and it was awesome.  She had a princes bounce house and we got cupcakes and nachos.  It was the best.  Safi had a blast playing with Kameron, her old classmate and Jewel's brother, and I had a blast playing with a balloon and a nine iron gold club.  Good times!  During the week we got to play our friends Logan, Zoey, and Josh after school at the park and that was the best.  We have a lot of good friends and that makes us feel really happy and really special.

Mom's working on our Halloween costumes and we're geting really excited to go trick or treating.  Its been a long day so I'm going to bed.  Make sure to check back next week to ses what the neurologist said.

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment