Sunday, October 14, 2012










I LOST MY TOOTH!!!!  I really didn't want to go to the dentist or miss school so Sunday night I wiggled and jiggled that sucker in bed and Monday morning I was toothless.  Where there's a will, there's a way.  I got to go to school and I got to put my tooth under the pillow for the tooth fairy.  She brought me a princess snap bracelet and a new toothbrush.  So cool.

The rest of the week was full of bottom drama, as I got a huge cluster of boils called a carbuncle on my butt.  It hurt so bad.  Mom made me a pillow to take to school because sitting was horrible.  The doctor gave me antibiotics and said that if it didn't drain he'd have to lance it on Friday.  I have no idea what that means but mom and dad soaked my bottom like there was no tomorrow and it drained on its own.  I still have to go back to the doctor later this week to make sure its healing well, but it feel a whole lot better.  It made school a little dicey but Mrs. Paggi said all things considered I had an absolutely wonderful week!

Friday I got to go on my first kindergarten field trip and it was AWESOME!  We went to the local high school's farm.  I was a little anxious about going so I asked Heather, my BIA, to go.  Friday morning was rocky.  Nixi was hallucinating and was really freaked out so that was upsetting me but I ended up having the best time ever!!!  My friends and I kept hugging, we played rock paper scissors waiting for the bus, and and I got to plant my own flower seed!  It was great from start to finish and we got back to school in time for lunch on the cafeteria and library time.  Just the dreamiest day ever.

Nix had her EEG on Wednesday.  Mom and dad had to keep her up late and wake her up early so she was pretty loopy.  Mom was afraid she's fall asleep in the car on the way there so she tried to keep her talking.  Once they got there mom forgot that the lab was on the second floor....and they were almost over before they started.  Nix saw the elevators and panicked.  Mom found the stairs but Nix thought mom was trying to trick her onto an elevator.  With lots of coaxing mom got her into the stairwell but Nix freaked out because it was tall and concrete.  She dropped to the ground and fought mom when mom tried to pickher up.  When Nix doesn't want to be picked up because she thinks she's gonna die...you aitn picking Nixi up.  Luckily, a lady came down the stair and distracted her for a second giving mom an opening to grab her, stick her un's about itder her arm like a surfboard and bolt up two flights of stairs.  By the time they go tto the top an into the second floor hallway Nix was saying tshe loved the stairs.  What a weirdo!  The tech who did Nixi's test has a brother with autism so he had great "feel" and he did a great job of understanding where Nix was coming from.  While it started dicey, mom turned her phone video camera on facin gNix so she could watch what the tech, Eric, was doing and that was made everything a lot less scary.  They should have mirrors in that place.  Anyways, she go ther head wrapped like a mummy and completed all of the test.  Eric said she moved a lot nmore than your average kid but he thought the results were interpretable so good deal.  It was draining for all, but its done.

So, crazy, scary, fun, exciting, week here.  This week mom is going to start getting our superhero costumes together and that's about it.  Nice to have a normal week.  That's our story and we're sticking to it!

xoxo
Safi

Nixi's EEG



No comments:

Post a Comment