Sunday, July 8, 2012










Another super fun and exciting week!  Dad took the day before the 4th of July off and came to summer school!  It was awesome!!  He danced super well to all of the songs and he did a great job helping us all make paper towel roll binoculars...for watching fireworks, of course!  It was so much fun having him there and we think he had as much fun as the rest of us!  Starting this next week our summer school theme will be insects and we can't wait to use our binoculars to go on a group bug hunt!  We're really having a blast and can't believe that there's only 5 more week of summer.  Whew...is it flying by!

4th of July was absolutely awesome!  We got to pick our fireworks at the firework stand...I picked a "black widow" and Nixi picked a "crow's nest."  We stayed up late and our neighbor, Jeffery, came by and played with us in the pool.  When it started getting dark Jefferey and his dad brought over their fireworks and we had a massive firework show between their stash and ours.  We wore our headphones and we did great...total rock stars!  Nixi got bored half way through but I was in Heaven!!!  I just loved it, especially the crackling ones...oh, and the whistling ones.  Heck, I loved them ALL!!  It was just the best 4th of July ever!  We didn't go to bed until 9:30pm!!!  Just the best.  Of course, when something is that amazing, the other shoe just had to drop at some point.

July 5th....hell day.  Nixi woke up her usual crabby, mean self.  I took if for as long as I could, but on the heels of all of the excitement the night before my tolerance level wasn't what it usually is.  So, gradually it all started to add up and by mid day...the REAL fireworks erupted.  I totally lost it...bad.  I just couldn't take it anymore and I couldn't stop screaming.  So, I had to go in the bedroom....because those are the rules.  Well, I was unable to get it back together...I was way beyond the point of self control.  Mom had to take a break on the patio to just cry under the heavy weight that if I lose it like that even once as an adult (and only once would be akin to winning the lottery...10 times) I will likely be arrested and involuntarily hospitalized.  See, I'll grow up and get better coping skills, communication skills, and all that...but under the right, or wrong, circumstances meltdowns will always be a possibility.  Sometimes it just gets to be too much and I have to scratch the itch  and get it all out and there's just no way around that.  I managed to slowly come back and get it together and I even apologized to mom...totally unsolicited...for the second time in my life.  I could tell it meant a lot to her because she cried again...but this time she was smiling.  We managed to eek out a decent night and move on pretty well with the rest of the week.


The following day we had a palydate with our friends Sebastian, Gideon, and Penelope!!!  We've missed them a ton so we were super excited.  We had a blast.  Sebastian brought out his Bernstien Bears collection, Gideon showed us the pumpkin patch they planted and did this cool thing with cards in a basket, and Penelope played Dinosaur Train with me and "flipping burgers" with mom and Nix.  It was just so fun.  We can be ourselves and just hang out when we're there because they know us, love us, and are our friends.  It was great!


Mom and dad opted for a low key weekend.  We did a lot of hanging out and playing in our green pool.  Saturday evening dad even brought a TV out front so we could swim, eat, and watch Finding Nemo.  It was so cool!  All in all a relaxing weekend and great way to reboot before the coming week.


So, hoping this week will be super fun.  We're looking forward to a visit from Grandpa Cummings, Weishi, and Cate on Sunday and can't wait to start bug month at summer school!


Have a great week and stay cool!!!

xoxo
Safi

4th of July morning....pumped....



Bring it on!!!


Chore store...........

No comments:

Post a Comment