Sunday, March 4, 2012

On a ring pop high, we ushered in a pretty great week.......








To be honest, the week is a bit of blur. We had school, doctor's appointments, park days, Apple Annie's for dinner...a lot of good stuff.

Nixi is still struggling with being happy, but I'm getting a little better at not taking it so personally. I've been doing a great job of trying to talk Nixi through the things that are upsetting her. If she starts to get scared, I tell her "Its funny" or the like. I don't think she trusts me completely, but I think she's heading in that direction.

I had a great week in school. One of the days, Teacher Mel went down the line asking us all what our favorite foods were. I was last and after I told her what my favororite food was...pizza..I asked her what her favorite food was! I waited for her to answer than asked what Teacher Joann's and the speech therapist, Holly's was. That's a really big deal. I was genuinely interested to know! We had a great time playing with the kindergarten class, and just a great week all around!

I went to the doctor because I had a sinus and bronchial infection...AGAIN! Anytime I get a cold it goes to my lungs. I did great at the doctor's office and Nixi and I got lollipops and stickers!

Nixi was the only kid in her class on Monday, and she LOVED it! Nixi alone with a few adults, dream come true! Adults are predictable and more ammeanable to letting kids take the lead and guide interactions...just what Nixi's comfortable with. She had a great time. We were curious to see if she'd still be dysregulated after class, and she was but not as much as when the other kdis are there. It was fun because mom and I had the family room at the center all to ourselves and we were just silly. Tuesday the kids were back and Nix was ok with that. Some of her friends have turned 3 and graduated the class so she doesn't get to see them anymore. I think it kind of bums her out, but she's hanging in there.

We got to go to Apple Annie's for dinner on Thursday and that was awesome. This weekend it was hot so we got to play in the sprinklers and take dad to Riverway Sports Park. It was a great weekend. We took our guinea pigs to the doctor and she said they both look great, and they've started "mweeping" everytime me and Nix and come into the room! That's a really good thing...it means they're happy we're there.

So busy, but good week. This week mom had my IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting and we'll start trying to get ready for the time change. Hope you all have a great week...

xoxo
Safi

No comments:

Post a Comment