Sunday, March 11, 2012

Making new friends everywhere we go...at least Safi is...I still not that into it!






Long week full of excitement...some good, some awful. I had school on Monday and Tuesday. It was really confusing because some of my friends have graduated and aren't there anymore and we got 4 new kids. The first day I just kind of refused to acknowledge that the new kids were there. That worked ok. I was a little off when I got home and even asked mom to wear my big hug before I went to bed. On the ride to school on Tuesday I asked mom, Heather, and Safi to speak quietly because I just wasn't feeling great. I did ok in class, some minor upsets but nothing too horrible. However, the moment I left the class area and hit the hallway I exploded. I couldn't take it anymore and I crumbled into a screaming, crying ball of upset. When we got home mom had to turn off all the lights and put me on the couch with 3 weighted blankets. Heather read to me in a whisper and I asked her to snuggle me. I recuperated by early evening, but it was rough. Safi did a pretty good job of trying to stay quiet and trying to make me smile.

Safi had a great week at school. She had fun ringing in spring with all of her friends and I even got to sit for her spring school picture with her! It was so cool. Safi struggled a bit when the bamboo chair we were sitting in bonked her head, but she recovered nicely and we got a decent shot! Mom went to her IEP and it went ok. The really big IEP is in May. That's when they'll make all of the goals for next year when Safi goes to kindergarten. Mom found out that the school she wants Safi to go to probably wont have a place for her. They had 107 kids register for 110 spots. She'll fight for Safi to get a spot but ultimately spots are reserved for kids living in that area. mom's going to look into filing a hardship. We'll just have to see. mom wont even know what school Safi is going to until June 22. Pretty stressful.

Wednesday evening Safi had to be rushed to urgent care. She was screaming and holding her ear. Doctor said her eardrum was about to rupture! It was the first mom had heard from Safi about her ear. Safi was really brave and got medicine and was feeling better by the next morning. I was a super good helper little sister. Thursday I had to go to the doctor because I had a rumbly cough....bronchitis. I got meds, too. I was very brave also and the doctor said Safi and I were amazing!

Friday night we went to a Mexican seafood restaurant and it was awesome! Safi was feeling the music, quietly clapping and dancing from time to time. I was feeling the food! I sampled off of every one's plates and it was GOOD! Safi's new thing, apparently, is to use the bathroom when we go out to eat, and this night was no exception. It was a great night, great food, and great company...of course! The weekend was nice and warm so we hit the park a few times and played in our bounce house clubhouse out front. An awesome weekend!

This week mom tours my preschool for next year and I have my Regional Center psychological evaluation. Stressful time for mom and dad...as all treatment and services hinge on that evaluation. So, here's to hoping I have a crummy day and the psychologist gets to see me really going for it! Just kidding...sort of?! So, wish me luck and make sure to check back in next week to see how it went!

Peace
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment