Sunday, October 2, 2011













Ok, so we went to the College of the Sequoias Farm and it was a bit of a bust...hence, no pictures. It was pretty disorganized and we weren't allowed to pet that many animals so not even close to being as cool as the fair or grape picking. Nonetheless, we went, we had a fair time, and we got to go home and play. All in all, an ok day.

Safi had a great week at school. She missed one day because she was feeling sick after the COS Farm outing, but she felt great the next day. They're wrapping up September's farm theme and this week they'll usher in October and Halloween! We LOVE Halloween so this month is going to be AWESOME!!! Safi has been having a blast walking into class with her friend Carson. His mommy asked us if we could walk him in every day because she has to attend to his twin brother and its been working out great. They hold hands and smile the whole way down the hall. I think he's pretty cool, I even cheered for him the other day when he opened the gate for us.

My OT was sick so didn't get to see teacher Jo...looking forward to seeing her this week. We got a visit from my case manager, teacher Susan, because she has to work on my levels for my upcoming transition planning meeting. Since I'll be 2 and a half this month everyone will get together and talk about what's going to happen when I'm 3 and age out of Early Intervention. It'll be interesting to see what everyone has to say!

Ok, now the best part of the week....the pumpkin patch with our friends Sebastian, Gideon, and Penelope on Friday. It was AWESOME!!! We had the best time ever! We played in huge boxes of corn, ran up and down the rows of pumpkins and even got to pick a few to take home. I loved it when Heather buried me in the corn...all that great soothing deep pressure made me want to go to sleep! Ahhhhh... We really had the best time ever. The Shooks are just the greatest friends to have...we can play with them, or do our own thing, or struggle, or just be and they get us and we get them. Just a really great time!!!

On Sunday we got to go to the 99 cent store and pick out decorations for our house to get ready for Halloween. We walked through the store, dumping all things cool and spooky in mom and dad's baskets...and it was fun! It was a really neat milestone for us, too, because its a novel place where we don't often go and we handled it well. Towards the end Safi started getting a little overwhelmed, but no major meltdowns. When we came home we dumped all the stuff out on the yard and got to decorating. Safi was a little out of sorts from all of the excitement, but we decorated our butts off and had a blast!

All in all, a really great week! With that, I'm off!

Peace
Nixi

We were really "digging" the corn..pun intended!


Corn bed....


Trike riding after decorating...here you can see why Safi is a little confused by me sometimes. I can be in the middle of really enjoying something and then I just kinda snap because something goes wrong or doesn't feel right. I really did appreciate her pushing me, I just wasnt wearing any compression stuff and so I wasn't feeling right.

No comments:

Post a Comment