Sunday, February 27, 2011

Stormy weather............

We have been LOVING the morning Zigo rides......it just makes Winston want to sing! We swear he's not screaming because we're using his back as a bongo drum!






Its been a long week. We're still coming down from the high of our visit with Nana. When we have a break in our routine, no matter how fun, it tends to overstimulate us. What that looks like for each of us is a bit different.

In Saf's case, she's been really amped up and giddy. She been really loud, hyper, and has had a hard time listening. Even though it looks like she's having a great time...she's on edge. All it takes is something small to go awry and she has a meltdown. Friday we went to Lowe's, due to the rain, and she was having a hard time controlling herself. She was running around having a great time but wasn't listening to mom and we had to leave. She had a huge meltdown that ended with mom's thumb hyper extending and some bruises.

As for me, I've been crying a lot and just overall agitated. I don't seem to be able to keep it together for any prolonged period of time before I throw myself on the ground kicking and screaming. It kinda comes out of the blue...one minute I'm laughing and the next I'm writhing on the ground. When I'm upset like that there's nothing mom and dad can do to make me feel better. They just have to let me get it out and then I'm ok until the next meltdown. I've been having a hard time sleeping, waking up several times a night screaming and pretty much staying up from 2:30AM on.

Its rough stuff, but we're all hanging in there. It rained this week...and was even supposed to snow. No snow, but in its place perfectly crystal clear sunny skies and C-O-L-D wind. We bundled up good and hit the park and it was a blast.

Saf had a pretty good school week. On Thursday her class made english muffin pizzas. They made chef hats and everything. She loved making it but wasn't so keen on eating it...so I ate it for lunch. It was great!

I had a great Early Intervention meeting with my teacher, Lorene, and the occupational therapist Jo. It was super fun. I kept telling everyone, "I'm awesome!". I was doing a great job with midline dexterity and scooping and pouring these cool glitter fur ball things. I was fun!

Verbally Saf has really come into her own in the past month or so. She's commenting on all kids of stuff. Like pointing out to mom that a lemon is an oval, and that the piano bag is heavy. She even told mom, "I loves my books" this morning...'cuz she got a new set of books. These things may seem pretty small....but they're all new and exciting developments.

Not to be out shined, for the past two days I've told mom when I needed a poopy diaper change!

While we may struggle in a lot of ways, we rock in so many others!

With that, I say........

Peace
Nixi

This may not look like fun...but it totally is!


I love it when my big sister helps me "read" a book...

No comments:

Post a Comment