Sunday, July 18, 2010

Say cheese, Phil!



What an exciting week, culminating in mom and dad catching our newest family member, Phil the preying mantis, out on the back patio! He's super cool, he eats flies! Its awesome!

So, it was a busy week. I had my early intervention session up at the therapy center. Saf was hesitant after the weird sessions we had up there a few weeks ago, but all in all it went pretty well. We got to take dad with us since he's on vacation. That was super neat!

I went to see the neurologist on Wednesday. LONG DAY! My appointment was at 8:30am and mom and I were up there until 11:30. I had to get my blood drawn, and that was horrible. I also was supposed to go pee in some crazy bag, but after an hour and a half of no potty, mom and I tapped out and went home. The doctor was really nice and mom seemed to like him a lot. He's scheduling me for an MRI, EEG, metabolic/chromosomal/genetic testing, and an eye exam. Got love a guy who's thorough! He diagnosed me with developmental delays and low tone. He said the reason I wasn't walking more than a few steps at a time is because of my lack of tone. Apparently low tone is a neurological issue....hence, the MRI. He wants the EEG because of Saf's history or petit mal seizures. All the other testing is just to learn more about me. Should be interesting! We see him again in 3 months after all of the testing is done and ready for review.

We had some great park days, despite the fact that its so very hot here. We kept cool in the fountains, 'cuz Saf is back full force and with a vengeance. We also had a few fun days in the front yard hanging in our little pool and even having a picnic! Friday we did a park day with our friends, Flyn and Greer. It was super fun.

Tonight we were watching a cartoon before bed. In it, there was a scene of real kids doing a school play. Mom told dad how much she'd love to see us in a school play and dad said he was just thinking the same thing. Don't tell mom, but I think I saw her tear up for a second. So, here's the plan, when I'm big enough I'm gonna get with Saf and we're gonna put on a play for them. It'll be so cool. One of these days...

So, we had a pretty eventful week. One more week to hang with dad before his vacation is over. This week we're gonna try to hit a river side RV park for an overnight stay...? Mom also has a meeting with some doctor at Regional Center to discuss Saf's services. Mom's gonna try to get more occupational therapy for Saf...which they historically don't provide. Fingers crossed. Make sure to check out my video below...have your volume up high so you can hear me counting to ten! Yes, taht's me...not Saf. Mom caught me counting quietly to myself and grabbed the video camera just in time!

Hope you all have a great week.

Peace
Nixi

I can count...mom and dad suspected I could for the past few days...confirmed!

No comments:

Post a Comment