Sunday, December 9, 2012







Christmukkah has begun!  Aaker, our elf, brought us a letter from Santa last week and its game on!  Every morning we eargerly run out to look for Aaker and on Saturday we hit pay dirt!  We got new Wii games and some singing holiday toys!  Nixi got a monkey that sings and I got a duck that quacks Jingle Bells!  So funny!  On our Wii we've been taking care of animals at our zoo, helping Diego rescue animals, and helping Santa and Rudolph prepare for Christmas.

It was a pretty good week.  My class and I have practicing hard for our upcoming Christmas program and I am pumped!  Its going to be so awesome!  I know all of my songs and I'm teaching them to Nix.  I'm starting to ask mom if I can invite friends over to the house and during break I may just do that!

Nix has had an ok week.  She had a dicey day at school and seems to be recovering from all of the excitement from the travel last week.  Since Davis confirmed that she has psychotic symptoms mom feel more comfortable asking her about them.  It turns out that Nixi has only been telling us about hallucinations that scare her.  After casually asking her about things when she was not in crisis Nixi revealed that she hears voices and sees things that she believes are "normal", likely because they've been there for awhile and they aren't scary for her.  It appears that the voices and visuals took at scary turn in September when she was really stressed out by my difficulties in school and with her own transition to school.  That kind of the way it typically works with psychosis.  Its quite common for there to be a constant sort of back ground psychosis that amplifies under stress.  So, mom's been working hard at keep her stress down and it seems to be helping.  While she still reports some scary or mean things, overall she seems to be ok with the back ground symptoms and is in a bit of a holding pattern.  Unfortunately, she still struggles with voices and thoughts that I'm saying or doing things to her that I'm not and they turned on Heather, our BIA, one day this week.  I just try to brush it off but it makes me feel bad because I'm not saying mean things to my sister or doing mean things to her and its sad that she thinks I am.  She cries and gets angry and its pretty confusing.  I'm trying to understand and mom's trying to help comfort us both in these situations.

I came down with a wicked tummy ache on Saturday but I'm feeling much better now.  We took it easy over the weekend because the last thing I want is to miss my Christmas performance on Tuesday.  This week will be a fun one with the performance and class parties for both Nixi and I.  Can't wait for the week to get under way.

Hope you all are getting in the spirit and getting ready for visits from Santa.  This really is a magical time of year and so far we're enjoying it to the fullest!  We want to wish Emily a very happy birthday this Monday.  You are so special to us.  You're a second mom to us, a friend, and a little piece of magic yourself.  Happy Birthday!

xoxo,
Safi

No comments:

Post a Comment