Sunday, August 26, 2012








I am a big girl, officially!  I went to my first day of preschool on Tuesday and I LOVED it!!!!  It was so awesome.  Heather had to go to the emergency room so I went to school by myself and I did great!  I had a couple of moments where I was confused by other kid's intentions, but I recouped and had a great time.  I was excited to go back on Thursday and when mom came to pick me up I didn't want to go because I was having so much fun.  My class is really small.  There's three of us total, but at recess we get to play with the other class and I like that just fine.  I'm super proud of myself and mom and dad are over the moon.  I ruled the school and can't wait to go back next week!

Safi had another great week at school.  She even went through a fire drill with no worries.  She went and got her headphones with no prompting and got right back in line.  She had a bit of a rough day on Friday because she had an ear ache.  She ended up getting frustrated during writing because she couldn't get her "b" just the way she wanted it.  Ironically, Mrs. Paggi said it was actually one of the best in class.  Poor Safi and her perfectionism.  She was really upset though so when her speech teacher came she said she didn't want to go to speech group.  She regrouped at recess and had a great rest of the day.  Unfortunately, missing speech group threw her off for the rest of the evening and part of Saturday because she was bummed she didn't go and bummed that her routine was broken.  She was able to pull it together to do some fun stuff over the weekend and she's super pumped to get back to school on Monday.

On a social note, we had a super amazing week.  Mom and I still go to the park on days when I don't have school and one day we got an awesome surprise..the Shook family!  They know we got ot the park so they surprised us and it was super fun.  Penelope and I played on the play structure and Sebastian greeted everyone who entered the park!  Gideon found a super cool yellow kind of funnel and we put blocks in it.  It was such a great surprise and when we left I cried and told mom that I missed them.  On Saturday we went to Riverway Sports Park with our friends Arlo, Flyn, and Greer and had a great time.   After the park we went to McDonald's and a lady told mom and Katie (mom's best friend and Arlo, Flyn, and Greer's mom) how amazed she was at how well behaved we all were!  Sunday we met up with Logan, Zoey, and their step-brother Josh at Del Lago park and had a blast!  We played at the park and then at the fountains.  We collected broken water balloons and cleaned up the place!  We just had the best time.  We've really missed them since summer school ended so we were ready for some serious play time and we got it.  The best weekend ever!

The rats are slowly getting used to us and we're having a ton of fun hand feeding them kale, bell peppers, and cheerios.  Mom made a pouch that we can use to hold them safely and take them around the house.  They're really cute and soft and we love them!

So, it was a great week and we're looking forward to another great week to come!

Peace.
Nixi

No comments:

Post a Comment