Sunday, February 12, 2012







Ok, the ultra, super duper, uber duber high of the week....we got guinea pigs!!!! The dark brown and white one is named Joan and the calico one is named Jett and they are COOL!! We got them on Saturday...well, at least we got Jett and Joan No.1 on Saturuday. Unfortunately, Joan No.1 did work out. We were just a little too much spice for the poor girl. So, we went back on Sunday...after mom drew the whole thing in a social story for us...and got to pick out Joan v2.0! A much better fit. Although, mom and dad asked me which guinea pig I wanted...thinking I'd pick
Joan v2.0. I didnt, I picked a grey one with long hair that will grown 6+ inches long. Mom and dad tried hard to sway me...finally getting me to give in when they said the grey one was scared but Joan v2.0 was brave. However, when we got home mom asked me if I wanted to name her something other than Joan...to which I said, "yeah....grey." However, after getting to hang with the new Joan I'm glad I didn't go with grey...I really love Joan. Jett is superb. She's just the teeniest, coolest guinea pig EVER! She's nto afraid of us at all. She's the crowd favorite...but I'm sure Joan will give her a run for her money!

Pretty much just as cool...we got to hang out with our friends Sebastian, Gideon, and Penelope at the purple slide park on Friday. It was really fun. We really had a great time, as always. We're lucky to have such good, good friends.

The week's events....Nixi had school Monday and Tuesday. They had a couple of new kids in class and that threw Nix on Monday. On Tuesday, Nix decided to really show up for class...100% herself, mood up and down from one minute to the next. They told mom she was really "funky" and mom said, "Nope, that's the realy Nixi." The up shot, Nix didn't struggle after class. She didn't scream or need time alone with the weighted blankets. She was just Nixi. Hopefully she decides to just be herself from now on, "funky" or not. In general, she seems to be really struggling this last week and a half. I know it seems like I'm always saying that, but she's super struggling to feel ok lately. I'm trying to help her through it as much as I can. Its rough.

I had a great week at school. We're making lots of Valentine's decorations and hanging out with our new kindergarten friends. I love it. Its absolutely wonderful!

So...pretty decent week. Had some great weather, even got to run through the sprinklers. We head into Valentine's day on a high note! So, wishing you all a very happy Valentie's day and wonderful week.

xoxo
Safi

Nixi was a little afraid to run through the sprinklers, so I tried to help her through it.......

No comments:

Post a Comment