Sunday, September 4, 2011












So, the week dragged a little. After Safi got sick, mom and I got sick too. Even our BIA, Heather, got sick! So, no "preschool academy" for me and Safi missed school on Monday. That was ok, though, 'cuz Heather came over and we all hung out together feeling cruddy. It was fun!

The rest of the week Safi was able to go to school and she had a great week. The routine in class is more predictable and Safi is getting the hang of it so she had a great week in and out of school. I'm doing a lot better at leaving Safi's classroom, too! Mom instituted a sticker chart for me for when we take Safi to school. When I say "goodbye" to Safi I get a fairy sticker to put on a piece of construction paper that mom keeps in the car. So, while I still hate to leave Safi's school, I'm not having a meltdown because I know I'll get to put a new sticker on my chart and mom and I can count all of my stickers before we drive home. Its pretty cool!

My OT, Miss Jo, came on Thursday and we played a "guess what's in the bag" game. She showed us items then put them in a bag and had us feel around to try to find the item by touch. It was fun, Safi was really good at it...I really liked pulling everything out! None the less, a fun and challenging game!

Friday Safi and I went to the doctor because Safi still has congestion in her chest. Doctor said we both had a cold but everything else was "ok"...Heather went with us and our doctor told her how amazing we were doing. He said, "Remember when I couldn't get near them?"...and this time Safi even did the weird big breath in and out as instructed when he listened to her lungs. The highlight...we each got two stickers! The big ones! So rad!

Now on to the best part of the week....the long weekend! Dad was on call the last week and a half so he got Friday off. We've been having a blast with him ever since. We couldn't wait to show him our stickers on Friday after the doctor's, and on Saturday we went to the park AND did water fountains. We started Sunday with some dress-up (as you can see, above)and then we went to the pet store and then the park. Later in the day we watched a Bugs Bunny movie then we got to go play in our green pool with the slide at like 5PM!!! It was soooo cool! Really special! We even ate watermelon in the pool and mom sprayed us with the hose. Despite the fun and excitement of getting to do things a little differently and a little special, Safi had a rough time transitioning after the pool 'cuz it was a change from our regular schedule. I came in early because I was starting to get anxious. Still, tons of fun! Tomorrow (Mon), dad has another day off! We're planning on bringing out the RV and hanging out in it in front of the house....too hot and too crowded to go somewhere, but we can still have a blast having a vacation day our front! SOOOO awesome!!!!

Also, wanting to wish Great-grandpa Cummings a speedy recovery and Great-grandma Cummings some well deserved rest! We love you. Happy Labor Day to all!

Peace,
Nixi

Check out our band...we have a FABULOUS lead singer!


Fun at the water fountains...check out Safi going under the water "umbrella"...and very gutsy first!


And here's some video of Safi rocking out...look closely and you'll even see a little "air guitar", and my sweet leg stomp move!

No comments:

Post a Comment