Sunday, October 3, 2010








So, long week....Nixi and I are seriously struggling with allergies. Poor kid sister has another sinus infection, too.

We had fun during the week with all our activities. I even ended the school week with NO TEARS going into the classroom and NO TEARS leaving. Pretty awesome. I also gave my teacher a hug and got my snack out of my backpack all by myself.

We had a garage sale and Nixi and I ended up doing demonstrations for prospective buyers with most of the stuff dad had hauled onto the driveway. We sold over $300 of stuff in 3 hours! Not bad!

On a bittersweet note, we had to rehome our cat Mustafa. Unfortunately, he was just never gonna be able to get along with our dog and it wasn't a fun or safe situation for all involved. Mom found and AMAZING woman in Bakersfield that was willing to foster him while looking for his perfect home. She also told mom she had the perfect cat for us, 'cuz mom mentioned how bummed she was that Mustafa couldn't be our therapy cat. Mom went down there today, and not only did Mustafa seem pretty ok with the whole deal........but we also got a new cat! His name is Sid and he's a kitten. From first meeting him and the dog are like peas and carrots, and our 13 year-old cat likes him too. I LOOOOOOVE him, and he loves me. He freaks Nixi out, but really, what doesn't freak Nixi out?? So, all in all, looks like he's gonna grow into a fine therapy cat and best friend!

So, that's our week in a nutshell. Hope yours was great!

xoxo
Saf

No comments:

Post a Comment