Sunday, January 10, 2010

I LOVE VEGGIE CHIPS!


So, today was a really exciting day. I went to World Market with dad and he bought me shrimp chips AND veggie chips! Oooooooh, so yummy! Our outing, and an outing to Walmart and K-mart with mom in the middle of the week, are a sign that things are on an up-swing for me. See, starting in the beginning of November I was having trouble going into buildings except for my house. I just got really overwhelmed and upset. When we'd try to run an errand, I'd start crying and get really scared when we parked the car. So, it was a huge milestone to go out and enjoy cruising around a public place.

Services started up again and so far its going ok. I'm still getting back into the swing of things. When my BIA (ABA teacher) first arrives at the house, I'm anxious for about the first half. The second hour has been going pretty well, though. This next week I start up speech and occupational therapy, too. I think it'll be ok. Nixi's a little nervous because she has her first speech and occupational therapy session this week. She also has her physical therapy evaluation and early development therapy. I told her the teachers are really nice and she'll have fun. She kinda bought it...sucker!

Nixi has started for real babbling...like, every day! Before last week she had only babbled 6 times. Not six days, seriously 6 times. Its pretty funny and she seems to think she's the coolest kitty in the city. We both have oral motor apraxia. What the heck is that? Read about Childhood Apraxia of Speech here:
http://www.brighttots.com/Speech_and_Language_disorders/Dyspraxia_Apraxia.html

Anways, it's gonna be a packed week! Mom and dad are really anxious for the Nixi's physical therapy eval. She can do alot of stuff, but always seems to be missing a part along the way. Like, she can pull herself to stand...but when she's on her tummy she has a hard time getting on her hands and knees. Instead of bending her knees...she straightens them out and tries to stand. Result = a push up grown men would be jealous of. Problem is, sometimes she gets stuck there and has to hold it. I'd go over and help her out by pushing her over but mom said that really wasn't all that helpful. Whatever! =) The therapist will give them fun stuff to do with her to help her learn those missing parts.

Ok, so its not like I'm bragging or anything........but I RULE! Santa got me a ABC's puzzle for Christmas. I've been using the letters from the puzzle to spell things I see in my favorite shows. I'm only 2yrs & 9mos old!!! I can spell rocket, castle, fly, bug, pie, water, hat, cap, shoe, cake, and a few more. Can't spell ball....there aren't two "l"s....bugs the crap outta me. Mom's gonna try to find me a thing of letters so I have more than one of each. I love letters and words. Mom and dad are super excited because if I can spell stuff it'll make up for all the stuff I say that nobody can understand. That'll be awesome. I hate when nobody knows what I'm saying. It makes me really sad. I'm on the right track! Full speed ahead!

So, a pretty exciting week. Hope yours was just as exciting and can't wait to update you again next week!

Also, if you are having trouble watching the youtube stuff...let mom know. She's new to this stuff and she's learning as she goes!


xoxo
Saf

No comments:

Post a Comment